Myeloperoxidase testing may be used for individuals with multiple risk factors for cardiovascular disease, or those with established disease.
1. Draw and gently invert 8 to 10 times.
2. Centrifuge immediately for 10 minutes at 1300 RCF at room
3. Pre-squeeze transfer pipet bulb and draw off approximately 2/3 of
the upper plasma layer.
Note: This ensures that the buffy coat and red cells remain
4. Aliquot plasma into labeled transport tube labeled as "EDTA plasma"
and cap tightly. Discard original tube.
5. Store transport tube refrigerated at 2-8 degrees C until ready to
Store plasma at 2 degrees C to 8 degrees C after collection and ship
the same day per packaging instructions provided with the Cleveland
HeartLab, Inc. shipping box.
Erratic results can be observed if plasma is not centrifuged and
separated from red cells immediately.
Reported (Analytical Time)
The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only.
CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party.
Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.
Reject Criteria: Gross hemolysis; samples other than EDTA plasma including PPT potassium EDTA (White-top) tube; improper labeling; samples not stored properly; samples older than stability limits