abcdefghijklmn
opqrstuvwxyz
Test Menu
Test Change Details
Allergy & Immunology
Cardiology & Coagulation
Dermatopathology
Endocrinology
Gastroenterology
Genetics
Hepatology
Infectious Disease
Microbiology
Nephrology
Neurology
Oncology
Pathology
Pediatrics
Rheumatology
Toxicology
Urology
Women's Health
93859: Myasthenia Gravis Panel 2 with Reflex to MuSK Antibody Print View
Acetylcholine Rec Bloc Ab IA    % of Inhibition 
Acetylcholine Rec Bind Ab IA    nmol/L 
Acetylcholine Rec Mod Ab IA    % 

PRIMARY
1 Serum 3 (0.7) mL   Room Temperature - 72 Hour(s)/Refrigerated - 14 Day(s)/Frozen - 30 Day(s)  
ALTERNATE

Myasthenia gravis (MG) is an autoimmune disorder affecting the neuromuscular junction. 80% of patients with generalized MG have muscles. 80% of patients with generalized MG have serum antibodies to AChR - Blocking, Binding, or Modulating. Antibodies to MuSK make up a variable proportion of the remaining 20%.
Setup Schedule
Tuesday-Saturday

Reported (Analytical Time)
4 days

CPT Code
83519x3

The CPT codes provided are based on AMA guidelines and are for informational purposes only. CPT coding is the sole responsibility of the billing party. Please direct any questions regarding coding to the payer being billed.

Notes
Methodology: Immunoassay (IA) Reject Criteria: Hemolysis; Lipemia; Microbially contaminated Transport Temperature: Refrigerated (cold packs) Reflex Criteria: If AChR blocking is <15% of inhibition, AChR binding is <=0.30 nmol/L, and AChR modulating is <32% binding inhibition, then MuSK Antibody Test will be added at an additional charge (CPT code(s) 83519).






1996 - 2017 Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute of Valencia
For test information, please call Client Services at 800-421-4449.

San Francisco Web Design & Database